Monday, January 19, 2009

First post

I've got some spare time so I decided to work through this "circle-thingy" and hopefully get something out of it. I'm going to use Ct-art for the circles and roll with it 7 times. As for the solving process I'm thinking of using my "secret method" of looking up the answer if I can't solve the position in 1 minute, -this because my attention span is very short and the problems are a bit hard for me even with answers in hand...
I don't really understand the use of those other De la Maza exercises (microdrills etc etc) so I'll replace them with intensive use of "attack training" in Fritz and 15min of "Troyis" on a daily basis.

Well, this seems to be quite enough for this test/first post so I wish myself good luck and off I go;-)

8 comments:

  1. Mielenkiintost et oot pistäny osittain suomeks and partly in english... How twisted you are man! Siks aattelin laittaa myös suomee ja englantii miekin mixed up! ROFL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the blogging universe! Nice to see your always interesting thoughts being published...;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read De La Maza's chapter on Chess Vision this afternoon. The concept is to ID things you either don't see or that take you a long time to see and learn to spot them quickly by doing drills for a couple weeks. After that, he advocates occasional maintenance. Concentric squares were only one example he used in his book. I think even he would agree Fritz "Attack Training" and Troyis are good chess vision drills to begin with. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. HUZZAH!

    As we say up here the new England area " Ree-TAH-ded" knight welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My friend you have the coolest name for a blog. The drills are to help you see the very basics of double attacks. Double attacks make up a great deal of tactical shots. One with a check involved (attack against the king) is the most simple and powerful, since the king has to deal witht the check. That's why you have to threaten both pieces (king/knight etc..) without the king being able to be defend the other piece or the piece being able to capture or move in the way of the check.

    Try it with Q vs. K+N and then Q vs. K+B.
    In each case put the King one diagonal space away from the N or B and see the difference.

    Sorry if this is a dumbed down explanation but I don't know what your skill is at so I just thought I try to clear this up.

    Hope it helps.

    ReplyDelete